This is to remind all public officials to file their Financial Disclosure Statement (FDS) by May 16, 2011. For this purpose, an individual is considered a public official if the met any of the following criteria for thirty days or more during calendar year 2010:
- An elected official, except Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners;
- Member of specific boards and commissions, pursuant to the Act;
- Employee within the Legal or Excepted Service and paid at a rate of DS-13 or above;
- Employee within the Management Supervisory Service (MSS) and paid at rate of MS-13, or above;
- Person serving as subordinate agency head pursuant to the Personnel Act;
- Any other public official expressly subject to the financial disclosure provisions of the Act.
A document is timely filed upon delivery to the Office of Campaign Finance by 5:30 pm of the prescribed filing date. Statements sent by first class mail must be received by 5:30 pm on the prescribed filing date to be considered timely filed. Financial Disclosure Statements may be submitted electronically on this website. You can certify your electronic filing by obtaining a PIN number from this Office. Certifying your filing eliminates the requirement of providing a signed copy of your FDS. Otherwise a printed signed copy of the electronically submitted FDS must be mailed or delivered to the Office of Campaign Finance within five (5) days of submission. An electronically submitted statement is considered timely filed by midnight of the prescribed filing date.
To file online go to our website, www.ocf.dc.gov Under services you will see online filing. Select that option where you will be prompted to enter your user id (all CAPS) and password. Select OCF form 62 and filing year 2011. Answer the questions if the pertain to you. If not, you can skip them. Once you are done, you will be prompted to enter your PIN number to certify your filing. Once you've done that, you're done. There's nothing else necessary.
If you wish to file by paper, the Financial Disclosure Statement (OCF Form 62) can be found on this website under downloadable forms.
If you have any questions regarding this matter or to obtain your PIN number, please contact Wesley Williams, Public Affairs Manager, at (202) 671-0551 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sonya Lake, Public Affairs Specialist, at (202) 671-1335 or email@example.com.